We plan and construct infrastructure
ÖBB-Infrastruktur invests more than three billion Euros per year in railway projects. Some of the highlights are:
- Expansion of the Southern Line (Pottendorfer line, Semmering base tunnel, Koralm railway)
- Four-track expansion of the Western Line
- Continuation of the station offensive
- Local traffic schemes in conurbations
- Noise pollution measures
- Construction of Park&Ride facilities
- Automation of signalling and control and customer information
- Comprehensive re-investment
We own and operate infrastructure
- 4,871 route networks (operational length)
- 13,258 points, including 10,302 electrically heated
- 25,398 signals
- 5 operational control centres
- 1,032 stations and stops
- 98 Shunting locations
- 6,605 bridges
- 251 tunnels
- 3,035 level crossings
- 9 hydro-electric power stations
- 7 freight centres and terminals
- 3,892 buildings
- We provide railway-specific planning and construction services.
- We provide rails, railway stations and facilities.
- We market infrastructure capacity and plan cost-effective route utilisation.
- Every day we manage signalling and control for 6,400 trains.
- We ensure the good functioning and safe operation of the railway infrastructure.
- We produce traction current from hydro-electric power and solar energy.
- We are committed to safety, cleanliness and customer information in our railway stations.
- We offer sound apprenticeships and in-service training.