The full-package solution for energy data collection
The railpower box is the digital interface for your energy data collection and billing. It records the effective energy, reactive energy and the position of the traction unit and transmits it to the ground station (DCS). The billing-relevant data is determined every five minutes. In addition, the railpower box can also output energy and position data of smaller grids (≥ 10 sec) as a second load profile. These data are not billing-relevant and can be used, for example, to evaluate energy efficiency.
- 2 load profiles available in parallel for energy billing and energy efficiency
- Data collection to the second
- Compatible with assistance systems
- Compact, space-saving design
- Simple installation in traction units
- Comprehensive service: engineering, approval and first installation
- Access to international services
- International data exchange
Compatible with other systems
Via an additional data interface (LAN), the railpower box can communicate with other assistance systems (e.g. Driver Advisory System DAS). With the master-slave function, two boxes on the vehicle can be connected to each other, whereby only the master box requires a connection to the roof antenna. This allows two separate reference points to be measured – with little effort for retrofitting.
Internationally in use
The railpower box is already used by more than 40 railway undertakings in Europe: Currently in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
In preparation: France, Poland, Slovakia
- Developed according to international specifications EN50463, TSI ENE, TSI LOC & PAS
- Approved in Europe by a Notified Body
- International data exchange in Europe via UTILTS or other format