More and more people are using the environmentally friendly railway as a means of transport. Even more people will be travelling on the Ostbahn in the future. Therefore, from 2022, the Gramatneusiedl station will be modernised and made fit for the challenges of growing rail operations. The modernisation of the railway facilities and a new track and switch configuration in the station will ensure efficient and trouble-free operations and thus safe and punctual rail traffic on the Ostbahn in the long term.
- Modernisation and redesign of rail facilities for even more efficient and punctual rail operations
- Platform roofs on both island platforms
- Modern information facilities
- Barrier-free footbridge with elevators
- Attractive forecourt design for safe travel with optimal connections to regional bus lines and spacious bicycle parking areas
Rail customers benefit from an attractive, modern station in a new and contemporary design with increased customer comfort, platform roofs, barrier-free access with elevators accessible via a new footbridge, tactile guidance system for the visually impaired and optimal passenger information.
The redesign of the station forecourt separates bus, car, pedestrian and bicycle traffic, thus ensuring greater safety for passengers. Generous bicycle parking facilities complete the offer for a contemporary mobility hub in Gramatneusiedl.