Train paths and capacity
The service centre responsible for allocating the available capacity (train paths) does so in accordance with the principles of equal treatment and efficient use of rail infrastructure.
The following options for ordering train paths are available
- M-AMA for train paths and more
- Data interface to the M-AMA system
- PCS – Path Coordination System, international train path ordering via RailNetEurope (RNE)
Timetables are developed on the basis of train path orders (infrastructure capacity). Detailed information on the provisions that apply to allocation of capacity (order deadlines, allocation rules, etc.) is provided in the applicable ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG Network Statement. If all of the above conditions are satisfied, and provided that the ordered train path is available (order acceptance), an Infrastructure Capacity Agreement is concluded.
The Infrastructure Capacity Agreement
regulates the general cooperative relationship between the railway undertaking and ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG.
Key elements of the Infrastructure Capacity Agreement (INV) include
- The General Terms & Conditions (GTC) of the Infrastructure Capacity Agreement
- The Train Path Agreement, which contains details of allocated train paths and any other services ordered.