Redesign and modernisation
The reconstruction of Himberg station is planned, starting 2021. Extensive investments in the customer-friendly, modern design and the latest technology standards will make the station fit for the challenges of growing rail operations. Following the successful conversion, two barrier-free island platforms are expected to be available from 2024. There are also plans to close the railroad intersection with Bahnstraße and to build a permanently open foot and cycle path crossing with barrier-free access to the platform. Thus Himberg benefits not only from an attractive new railroad station, but also from increased safety and a simultaneous traffic calming of the town center.
- Modernisation of the entire station complex
- Two barrier-free, partially covered island platforms with waiting berths
- Covered Bike&Ride facility
- Closing the gap in noise protection by abandoning the railroad crossing Bahnstraße
- Constantly available, safe railroad crossing for pedestrians and cyclists
After completion of the work, Himberg station will welcome you in a new and modern design, with increased customer comfort, barrier-free access and optimal passenger information. Modernisation measures such as a covered Bike&Ride facility, a tactile guidance system for visually impaired people, or glass platform waiting berths with seats will significantly increase customer comfort in Himberg.