ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG, together with Austrian's nine federal states, ASFINAG Service GmbH, the Austrian Federal Ministry BMK and the Association of Austrian Cities and Towns, is a member of the Austrian Association for Traffic Data Infrastructure (ÖVDAT), which operates, develops and maintains the graph integration platform. The GIP offers a range of products and data exports to make your day-to-day work easier. ITS Vienna Region is tasked with operating the GIP, offers support on its use, provides GIP data and is involved in its ongoing development.
How you benefit
- Harmonised, publicly-owned traffic referencing system
- Licences throughout Austria
- No parallel systems during simultaneous, decentralised maintenance
- Routable for all types of traffic
- Historicisation of all data
- Basis for INSPIRE, PSI, ITS Directive, etc.
- Interfaces for integration with cities and municipalities
- Interfaces to specialist databases
Export for authorities
A data usage contract is required to gain access to exports for authorities. The contract is concluded between the VOR (Austrian transport agency for the Eastern region) and ITS Vienna Region as “GIP Austria operator” and “data provider” and the data user.
Authorised data users
- A public authority in accordance with the Federal Act on the Re-Use of Public Sector Information (IWG)
- An institution or one of its charitable organisations in accordance with § 20, paragraph 4 of the Austrian Motor Vehicles Act
- An institution or one of its charitable organisations in accordance with the country’s laws on the public ambulance service
- A universal service provider in accordance with the Postal Market Act and the Service of Documents Act