Moderner traffic junction
The reconstruction of Lienz railway station is the heart of the Osttirol package. A good 150 years after the construction of the original station, it is being converted into a hub for environmentally friendly mobility since September 2018. Rail customers can reach the station by bike, motorbike, car, bus or on foot and continue their journey by train or bus in all directions. After the conversion, passengers will have numerous Park&Ride parking spaces at their disposal.
- Modernisation of the entire station facility
- Safe and barrier-free access to the platforms
- Safe and comfortable crossing of the railway line thanks to new pedestrian and cycle underpass
- Numerous car, bicycle and moped parking spaces in the south and north of the station
- The southern development of the Park&Ride facility due to the new Draubrücke bridge