With the construction of the Semmering base tunnel towards Vienna and the Koralmbahn line towards Carinthia, the importance of the Southern Line for Styria is growing exponentially. The railway infrastructure is therefore also undergoing extensive modernisation on the heavily used Graz–Bruck/Mur section.
Railway station initiative
In addition to investments in track and overhead line systems, the main focus is on a railway station initiative. The complete redesign of Frohnleiten railway station commenced in 2016 and is due for completion in 2019.
Your benefits from the upgrade of Bruck/Mur–Graz
- Easier boarding of trains
- Light, modern railway stations
- The railway station initiative is enabling the shortening of rapid transit frequencies
- Better and more punctual connections through improved rail infrastructure
- Decoupling of freight and passenger traffic facilities
- Enhanced safety through the automation of operations management